I was about to write a post about how I'd gotten over this whole lawyer shenanigans. I was going to tell you that yes it sucked - but the truth is it was the surprise and hurt factor that were the most ... um ... hurtful.
I was going to tell you that had we known the cost before we might've still done it because we want to make sure this is done right the first time. That I never have to do this again, and having a lawyer do it is kind of an insurance policy.
But then I had to pay the lawyer. And now the reflex to punch is coming on a bit strong again.
This is most certainly confounded by the fact that I just got a bill for the anesthesiologist from surgery who for coming in and saying "hello, how are you?" charged me $94...True story.
So in light of all this grouchiness. I thought just maybe I could take some time to be grateful...
My Top Five Things to be Grateful for on this Monday.
5. The heatwave broke today with some delightful rain and chilly breezes! I LOVE IT.
4. Green plums - I've never had a green plum before and it was delightful.
3. The stash of reese's peanut butter cups that Inspector Climate brought back from the US with him.
2. For bits of home. Channel One has started playing Whose Line is it Anyway on Monday nights. Wayne, Colin, Ryan, Laura Hall. They're like family.
1. My job - I like going to work on Monday mornings. I like the people I work with, and I love what I'm doing. And after what seems like years of unemployment, I can't be more grateful for anything.