And then you walk into the grounds of The Taj, it is clean - with monkeys everywhere (seriously I did not see the monkeys coming) - it is white, it is grand, it is...peaceful. Walking into The Taj gave me a few minutes of clarity in a place that is so everything all at once. This shot was my first glimpse of it. Painstakingly white.
Turkey was not a high point in my travels, I was just recovering from parasites I had gotten in India, I was paranoid about eating anything that had not been cooked, and I found it really hard to eat anything at all because I'm gluten free and vegetarian. In other words, I was hungry a LOT.
Our first night in this crazy creepy hotel, we ate dinner in the main restaurant - where we were, of course the only guests - I picked over my food eating some rice and one of the 8 waiters came over to me when everyone else was finished eating. He picked up my fork stabbed some of the uneaten food on my plate and brought it to my mouth. I was HORRIFIED. The next day, they left this towel art on just my mom's bed (I think they thought it was mine!) in what I like to think was a strange sort of towel apology.
This picture was taken in a hammock tied between two palm trees in a beach of Fiji. Could anything be more cliche of a beach vacation to Fiji than this shot? Than this blue sky? Me thinks not.
Last November, Inspector Climate and I went to Vanuatu for our "honeymoon" - can it be a honeymoon when you plan it before you even get engaged? I was amazed by a lot of things in Vanuatu but the freshness of the fruit and the vibrancy of the colours of said fruit was...um...juicy. The mangoes were perfection. The papaya? Delish. We ate this plate of fruit the morning after we were driven in the back of a ute to the tippity top of a volcano.
I'll tag the following five people:
Kyle Hepp - I would LOVE to see her photos. She has traveled so much and as a professional photographer, Kyle's photos are always SPOT on.
Juliet from the Evolving Revolver - Juliet is a story teller - and I know her photos will be backed up by words so beautiful.
Crystal Goes to Europe - Has just returned from a trip to Thailand which has had me green with jealousy.
Rachel from the Diary of Why - Have you read her blog? She's got story telling prowess this one!
Jennifer from Crazy Shenanigans - She loves Elvis, and I gotta respect that, yo.
To Enter - This is taken directly from the Capture the Colour page:
1. Publish a Capture the Colour post on your blog with images for all 5 colours if possible. Bloggers who don't have photos for all 5 colours will still be in with a chance of winning the iPad category prize but to be eligible to win the £2000 overall prize your blog post should feature photo's for all 5 categories.
Within your post, be sure to mention our competition page http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/holidays/capture-the-colour/ so that your readers know what Capture the Colour is.
2. Nominate 5 fellow bloggers to take part in Capture the Colour at the end of your post and notify them via Twitter or Facebook.
3. By 29th August 2012, let us know you've entered by either:
- Linking to your blog post on your Facebook wall mentioning Capture the Colour and tagging the TravelSupermarket.com Facebook page or... - Linking to your post via Twitter including @travelsupermkt and #capturethecolour in your tweet or...
- Not got a Facebook or Twitter account? Email your entry to email@example.com, including your name, email address and phone number.