I was like, when is that going to happen to me?
It did happen to me. So today I wanted to give a shout out to those bloggers who emailed when they read this post, who I've met in real life, or who I've been sharing stories with via this blog since long before I was married and since long before I met Inspector Climate.
Evolving Revolver - We followed the same path for a while on opposite sides of the world. She was unemployed and found a job, I was unemployed and found a job. Those jobs turned out to be awful. She, an expat in France, met a boy. I an expat in Australia met boy. We quit our awful jobs. We fell deeper in love. We had visa issues. We got married.
Diary of Why - Rachel and I final met when I was in DC in September which was so nice. I started reading her blog because (as one can see from the title), she asks why. Why about relationships and why about boys. And I had so many questions.
Crystal Goes to Europe - One of the things that all of these lovely bloggers have in common is that they were all living in France around the same time. Crystal still lives in France with her husband and three cats and a pup. We share two main things in common: homesickness and a love for animals. The way Crystal writes about missing Canada .... is just how I feel (sometimes) about the US.
Kyle Hepp - You may remember my love letter to Kyle here. I'm pretty smitten with her. The way she writes about love and the way that she talks about her life as an expat in Chile and world traveler. She has taught me so much about bravery and love. And her photographs. Oh, her photographs.
Now, I get the feeling that none of these ladies are going to participate in the 2012 Blog Awards. But if they do...here are the rules.
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook page – click the link here ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Award and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar
Merry Christmas bloggers!