Before I bore you with my vacation photos, let me share with you the few bullet points I jotted down regarding day two.
- Orientation tour - good orientation of the Bounty Mutiny. Drove through the ruins. Got to see the best spot for photos.
- Farmer's Market in the morning
- Cooked dinner from local ingredients.
Could I be more helpful?
Let's talk about the Orientation Tour. The Tour was run by Pine Tree Tours (who are not sponsoring this post, by the way) and was included in the cost of the hotel. It took the whole afternoon and including afternoon tea. Not surprisingly, we were the youngest people on the tour by two decades, at least!
The tour guide talked a lot about the island, the politics of being an external territory, and the history of how it was settled.
But I mostly have three main memories of the tour.
1. One of the first stops was a look out point from one of the roads where you could see the whole convict settlement. It was outrageously gorgeous.
This the beach where we went swimming and snorkelling.
2. The second memory was when I had tried to take a selfie of Inspector Climate and I, and failed. Badly. So, Inspector Climate urged me to ask someone else to take a photo of us instead.
So I asked some guy and well, he took his job VERY seriously. VERY SERIOUSLY. He first snapped this picture (below), but as I reached to take the camera from him, he was like "ok and now for some silly shots."
Now, if you know me (and I think we both know that you do), I love me some silly. However, I don't like to be TOLD when to be silly. To quote my brother. I'm not a freaking show.
So I tried to just ignore him and smile (notice Inspector Climate has no issues on being silly on command). But it became increasing clear he was not going to let up until silliness happened.
3. So my third most vivid memory is seeing a bunch of rolls of toilet paper in the farmhouse bath room and stealing one. Yeah. Who's a goody two (too?) shoes now? Huh? Huh?
And this picture is just for our own enjoyment. It was also not prompted by the "be silly" nazi, but is just Inspector Climate being Inspector Climate.