The lovely Lourdes from Love is Life nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much Lourdes - it's the kind of kick in the butt my blog needs at the moment I think.
Naturally, there are rules - which I probably won't follow all of them (I'm a rebel in the online world as much as I'm a rule follower in the real world):
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the 10 questions they have created.
3. Nominate 10 fellow favorite bloggers and let them know you have nominated them.
4. Create 10 fantastic questions for your nominees.
1. Have you traveled out of the country? If you have, where?
Yes, I in fact live out of the country. I've been to England, Germany, Austria, Italy, Turkey, India, Canada, Vanuatu, Fiji, New Zealand, and I live in Australia.
2. How many siblings do you have and are you all close?
I have two older brothers. We're kind of close. They're much older than I am so for a long time we didn't really have anything in common. When I was in college they were having kids. But we're close in that we get a long pretty well these days and I know if I needed them, all I'd have to do is ask.
3. BSB or N*Sync? Why?
My best friend growing up LOVED BSB. And so when I'm feeling nostalgic the melodic notes of Backstreet's Back hit the spot. But honestly, I wasn't that into either of them. This was prior to Anne (see below).
4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Coffee heath bar crunch I think. Anything Coffee really. But also Cinnamon. Oh, and caramel swirls. Cherry Garcia. Look, I just like ice cream.
5. Would you rather a glass of beer or a glass of wine? Why?
Neither really. I don't drink. But I'll have a ginger beer.
6. What is your favorite aspect about your job?
Well, my favourite thing about being unemployed is that I really feel fulfilled in my alone time. I do finally get recharged after hanging out with people. That's really nice. Also, I like "working" from my bed. So that's a plus.
7. Name your Alma Mater (High school/ college/ university). Are you a [insert mascot name here] fan?
I went to a fairly small all women's college in New England. I don't think we had a mascot - so this not knowing hints to the fact that I'm not a huge fan.
8. You have won $1,000,000. What would you buy?
I think I'd buy some land in Tasmania and build a New England style farm house. Then I'd invest the rest.
9. Who is your best friend? Why does she deserve the title of "best friend"?
My best friend name's isn't Anne but that's what we call her here on the interwebs. She and I have been basically inseparable since my sophomore year in high school. I never feel embarrassed to tell her anything, and we've stayed super close despite living 15,000 miles apart. Some people just like get you - without you having to explain or justify yourself. And she gets me, yo.
10. What is your favorite book-turned- movie? What makes it your favorite?
Anne of Green Gables is probably my favourite book and the mini series with Megan Follows is truly perfection. Other honourable mentions are Silver Linings Playbook and Perks of Being a Wallflower. I think these movies capture the essence of the characters in a way that isn't often replicated in film. I recently read all The Hunger Games books and then saw the movie, and I was pretty disappointed because I missed the characters. It was like seeing strangers instead of friends up on screen. I'm not that fussed if the story is changed drastically to make a good movie adaptation from a book, but I want to see the characters that I grew to love (or hate) up on that screen, not strangers.
I'm not going to nominate anyone in particular instead I'll nominate everyone! Yahoo! And I'll just ask five questions and maybe you can answer them in the comments? And if you want to put the Liebster award on your blog - by all means do! Here are my five questions:
1. What are you reading right now? And should I read it too?
2. Have you found any new blogs lately? Who should I be reading?
3. Where are you from? What is the one thing I should do/visit in your area?
4. Do you have any silly rules that you follow in life (I never start eating my movie going snacks until after the previews, for example)? What are they?
5. Look I know this a selfish thing to ask, but i've been looking for the PERFECT black dress for like ten years. Help me internets?! Where would you look for a black dress?