1. I've been doing some blogging for The Shake. Go on and stop by, look around, or just check out my recipe for gluten free whole lemon bars. They're pretty delicious.
2. My laptop is...dying. About six months ago my lap top started buzzing - loudly - on a irregular basis. It's now done it every day for the past two weeks. When it first started happening, I immediately busted out my external hard drive to back up everything (ie my whole life which is on this computer), only to find the hard drive wouldn't turn on. So, last weekend I went and purchased a new hard drive, am all backed up and the buzzing continues. It's driving me absolutely bonkers. When I asked the computer guy he said "without a doubt it's your hard drive" my computer is six years old. I think I'll just wait for it to die as peacefully as possible and go from there. Meanwhile, I'll go crazy from the buzzing. I not describe how loud it is.
3. I'm struggling to understand what is happening with my blog. I feel like I haven't changed, but we've changed (yes, you and I). Does anyone else feel this?
4. I've had three job interviews in three weeks. Oh yeah. I know I didn't get one of them (which is for the best because they ended up giving me the heebie jeebies), and I'm waiting to hear back from the others. This of course has made me increasingly worried about the change in my routine if I get the job. No matter how many times Inspector Climate says "you can't worry about that until a. you have the job and b. you know what it's like to go in to work for a few weeks" I just don't care. I'll worry about it now. Thank you very much. It's how I roll.
5. I don't really consume news. I don't watch the news (why is it always bad news? Does nothing good EVER happen in this world? seriously), I don't listen to the news (for a while we were listening to the radio when we woke up and I started getting super paranoid about people killing me in the street. This is crazy, and yet true), and I don't really go to news websites unless they hook me in from a tweet. And even with this non-consumption of news, the media is making me so angry. Like so angry.
So there's that. Really? And don't get me started on the news around Australia's recent demolished Climate Commission. The new Australian government was like "we don't need an independent authority to tell the people what's what on climate change..." so they axed it. The People were like "yeah, we really do." And so they are crowd sourcing funding to keep it alive, do you know what the response has been to this..."Well it looks like it didn't need government funding anyway." Jaw dropped. Australia could be like the United States and not have government funded health care...but I think we can all agree that that system is pretty shit. But the worst part is that the main stream media has barely covered it at all.
Wow. Sorry. This got a little rant-y. I just I've had it up to here (here being above my head - clearly).
How's your week been going.