The lovely and adorably pregnant Sarah from Life as Always nominated me for the Sunshine award. I (not so secretly) think she is giving it to me because I made her laugh by telling her that her horrible morning sickness is the best birth control.
There are heaps of reasons to love Sarah - so go say hello.
So let's progress to this award shall we?
1. Include the award logo in your post.
2. Link to the person who nominated you - Life as Always.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link the nominees to your post and notify them!
5. Remember rules are meant to be broken (ok, fine so I added this one!)
1. What's the nicest thing someone else has done for you?
Well, there was that time that a blog reader sent me cheese - that was extremely nice. Inspector Climate had to help me get dressed after surgery, there is nothing quite as humbling and sweet as watching your very new husband help you INto your undies.
My best friend has mailed me letters and seems to know magically when I really need them. When I come home, she travels HOURS out of her way just to spend a few hours with me.
A blog reader offered to buy my a yoga mat once, and I cried because it was the sweetest gesture in the world.
And a whole family of strangers (The Climates) have accepted me into their home and their lives.
2. What is one thing you always wanted as a kid, but never got?
I wanted an easy bake oven, but my dad had built me a wooden kitchen himself which of course now I appreciate hugely. But at the time.
Oh yeah, and barbies. I wanted a Barbie but I wasn't allowed to have any. (The thing is my oldest brother was in opposition to barbies, but not that he has a daughter she has barbies. Hmph!)
3. What is your most impressive skill?
White girl fro. I bring it.
4. What would you refuse to do for one million dollars?
I would refuse a lot of things: I probably wouldn't eat meat, I wouldn't eat McDonalds, I wouldn't kill a puppy (or a kitten or an elephant...I probably wouldn't kill anything), I wouldn't make a sex tape...There are so many things!
5. If you were home on a rainy Sunday afternoon, what movie would you like to watch on TV?
Hm, well, I'd to have a movie marathon with my bestie. Anne of Green Gables all a billion jillion hours of it. With popcorn. And tea.
6. If fat, calories, cholesterol, etc. were not an issue, what two foods would you feast on?
I don't really worry about fat, calories, etc...I think my diet would stay basically the same. But right now, at this moment I'd really like coffee ice cream and giant bowl of mac n cheese.
7. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
John Kerry. He knows my grandmother and we bumped into him at a grocery story one year. Then he came over for a Fourth of July barbecue.
8. What is the greatest pain you have ever suffered?
Emotional pain? when my pony died, I was just gutted. I can barely talk about it without tearing up. When I got a rejection email from my dream job earlier this year. And every time my mom makes a "joke" about how far away I live.
Physical pain? The Jorge attacks are the most pain I've ever been in.
Mental pain? Look the pill was mentally exhausted. The crying. THE CRYING.
9. If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family, which would it be?
Friends. I would have loved to be the seventh friend. I always imagined that when I was in my twenties I'd have that kind of lifestyle where my friends became my family. And in some cases they totally are, but not like that.
10. How do you like to relax?
I love going on adventures with Inspector Climate (or my best friend), where we're off for several hours and we have no where to be nothing specific to do and we can wander around, preferably somewhere new, and talk and experience the day.
Here are the 10 questions I'd like you (the people who I will shortly tag) to answer.
1. When life gets busy, how do you stay motivated (particularly to blog, but just in general as well)?
2. What recipe is like "your thing" the thing you make really well and your friends always ask you to make?
3. You are throwing a blogger dinner party, which five bloggers would you invite?
4. When the dentist asks you "Have you been flossing every day" and you say "yes, of course!" are you lying?
5. If you have a life list type of thing, what are the top five things you really want to tick off in the next year? (And if you don't, what are some of the things you want to accomplish next year).
6. We all say we love to receive letters, so what's the one thing that inhibits you from writing and mailing them?
7. What's your guilty pleasure? (TV, book, movie, snack?)
8. What is your favourite thing to clean around the house and why?
9. What does Thanksgiving day at your family look like? (And if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, tell us about your favourite holiday)
10. What is the most liberating thing you've ever done? And why?
And I tag the following people:
1. Love is Life
2. Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer
3. The Cooking Campaign
4. Crazy Shenanigans
5. Melbourne on My Mind
6. This Radiant Life
7. Why Girls are Weird
8. Truth be Told
9. Teacher Girl Blogs
10. By the Seat of my Shorts
11. Ellie's Desk
Go say hello to these fine people. And if I didn't tag you but you're simply dying to play along then consider yourself tagged and link to your post in the comments so I can see your answers!